Reporting to the Project Manager of Plastic Centre Group of Companies, the Project Assistant Manager (PAM) will play a major role in supporting the Project Manager in planning and executing initiatives in the company’s assets expansion/improvement projects. This will involve all aspects of civil, structural and M&E projects on the company’s existing manufacturing assets, construction of new manufacturing assets as well as acquisition of new manufacturing assets;
- Assist in leading the planning and implementation of projects.
- Support facilitation of the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Co-manage/coordinate project resource allocation and ensure effective resource utilization.
- Assist to plan, schedule and monitor project timelines.
- Support managing the overall delivery of the projects’ programs in accordance with company expectations.
- Manage relationships with multiple project consultants, architects, suppliers and subcontractors on all project matters.
- Monitor the performance of works and conduct verification activities.
- Prepare information materials for regular project status briefings to management.
- Assist to track and report project budget status.
- Monitor, coordinate and manage the projects contractual matters and procurement activities.
- Work with Project Manager to review the performance of works, subcontractor and initiate necessary actions to maintain project on schedule.
- Support the Project Manager to maintain good working relations with all project stakeholders to enhance responsiveness to issues/ problems or changes needed on the project.
- Will also be required to familiarize with the company’s operational processes and participate in process improvement projects of the existing and new operational processes.
- Degree in Civil Engineering and/or equivalent.
- Exposure to or Trained in Project Management Professional.
- Minimum 4 years experience in factory construction projects.
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management techniques and tools.
- Project management skills in all phases of design and construction works in a multi-disciplinary environment are vital.
- Working experience with AUTOCAD and Microsoft Project.
- Resources planning knowledge.
- Mature and analytical with good leadership qualities and people management.